I LOVE THIS LETTER! ๐Ÿ˜‚❤️ ~Mom

HOLA!!!!!
SO MUCH HAPPENS in a week I am just gonna give a run down a I am sending my love from here in the DR LOVE YOU ALL

- we had THE BIGGEST storm the other day and Hermana Rasmussen and I were walking home for lunch and all of the sudden it just down poured but then it got really bad and it was like a mini hurricane but we just kept walking and the water was up to our knees and this guy was driving by on his motor and when down hahah and I still don´t know if he came back up! but all of these guys were shouting and telling us to come into this building and so we were like yeah we are going to drown hahah and then we realized the building was a gambling center! amen. hahah so we just sacrficed our bodies and swam home because we were starving! the things we do for food am i right! 

Okay I have more stuff to write but I want to share the real important stuff! 
SO ... missions are so GREAT! but like so hard at the same time haha! It is so crazy hah! But this week I was pondering (seriously the cheesiest word I know don´t hate me haha) but I was thinking and I read all of these general conference talks, and read all these scriptures that say when you turn your life over to christ this and this and this will happen. You will feel joy, you will feel peace, everything will work out, etc. etc. etc. WHICH IS TRUE! BUT, I was reading a talk by elder uchtdorf this week that said ¨something like when you turn your life over to God, the hardships and trials won´t leave but the barrier between you and God will be gone and you will feel him carrying you through and guiding you through those hard time¨! AMEN! 
when I first got here I was kind of oblivious to how hard it was actually going to be. And I got kind of frustrated that I was doing everything I was supposed to be doing and still not finding peace, fluent in spanish, baptizing 900 people a week, waking up every morning with a halo over my head and walking out the door everyday changing the life of every person I met. HAHAH cute little Alexa was so sadly mistaken! But this last week when I read that talk by Elder Uchtdorf  I realized that yes the mission is hard, but there has not been a single day that has gone by that I have not felt closer to my Heavenly Father and Savior than I ever have in my whole life. I have seen His guiding hand in everyday. I have seen His tender mercies! I see it in the people we are teaching, I see it in my companions, I see it in all of the missionaries,I see it in my family and friends. I love this work. I love this gospel! I love these crazy Dominicans! I have never felt such pure and genuine love and joy for these people when I see them making small changes in their lives to be closer to their Savior! I can´t promise that your trials will go away but I can with my whole heart promise that when you focus on the Savior, pray, read the scriptures, serve, etc. YOU WILL look back on the day or the week and see His hand! I KNOW IT ! 

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
hermana fahhhcerrr! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

¡POR LOS NIร‘OS!

RUBIA I LOVE YOU

Short and sweet- (Just like Lex!) ๐Ÿ’—